Sunday, January 17, 2016

Trading roles. Caring for an aging parent. Learning to let go.

It's not a surprise to most of my friends and family to learn that Anthony, Jessica and I relocated back to Utah last year (2015)  My mom and I have always been close.  I looked up to her in my childhood, through most of my teenage years and especially as I got married and became a mother.  My mom was/is my role model.  She is kind, funny, loving, beautiful and talented.


We just arranged to have mom on hospice care.  I've got such mixed emotions. I know the time for her to pass is drawing nearer each day.  The longer she is allowed to linger, the harder it is for me to let go.  I know she will not be far.  I know where she is going is beautiful.  I know we are an eternal family.  I know we will all be together again.  I know Heavenly Father loves us all.  This is just part of God's plan.  No...  this ain't goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment